Thursday, May 25, 2006

Mercurius

Mercurius

While Pharaoh bullshits and the locusts descend
Your Jesus biscuits work to fatten my gland
No more the partisan, aloof as a shoe
I chew my mind out and present it to You.

The drills of February, the broccoli towers
Lard for the cardinals and butter for whores
They asked for Gurdjieff but I’ll have to do
I bake a braincake and consume it with You.

You are the undertow, you are and you’re not;
Your name I still don’t know, my name I forgot
But making names is just a phase we go through
Building a bridge across the chasm of You.

In secret chambers where the pyramids pulse
We lovers moan to watch the salmon convulse
My love reveals her Rosicrucian tattoo
I bite the fucker loose and feed it to You.

Pundits of Moloch bid Aquarius rise
I serve the princess with the fire-engine eyes
She grinds my clock to trill a manic ‘Cuckoo!’
Big hand and little hand united in You.

Unkindly planets clog the shithole of Space
Their Nazi orbits rub God’s pain in my face
Float like a Bodhisattva, sting like a Jew
Here in the human realm we know only You.

I swerve to execute a droll pirouette
You are the memory I dream to forget
The warped mandala everyone must construe
Duplex from centre to circumference: You.

August Mercurius, how brazen your play
No oxymoron can contain you, they say
Yet circumstance confirms you as my guru, so
I kill my son and drag a blessing from You.

Outside the mooers rock lobotomy chic
No hieros gamos, baby, maybe next week
This time I’ve bitten off more than I can chew
I chew my mind out and present it to You.

Jon Hellier

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home